About

You know what? Describing yourself in a little box is not as easy as it seems. I'll update this section later.

Raja's Cyclops Hat


So it's time for a transition. I did stop posting at fyeahraja tumblr, but I didn't say my next obsession would be completely unrelated with Raja, lol. I've always been an art and craft kind of girl, and it's been too long since I ever made anything with my hands. One of Raja's signature look was this cyclops hat she wore on the first episode of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3. 


This triggered a trend among fans to make similar hats as seen below :


(Oh on top is DJ Josh Peace wearing Raja's hat, btw)

I decided to make one myself, so I stepped on the ground of Mayestik Market after 5 years. I got myself some glittered tulle, organza and black feather fringe. I went to Gramedia Matraman to get the cheapest fabric paint set I could get, and last Sunday I finally finished my hat. It doesn't look like Raja's (lol) but I'm pretty satisfied by the result. And this was the first time ever I got to work with fabric painting so it was interesting.

Here it is : (plus a fail-tastic organza flower I made from excess fabric cos I don't have a feather boa)

I can see through it, btw

I'm not sure if I will ever wear this anywhere, but it was fun! I would make it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment